Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pomaire

 
So, on Sunday we were all a bit stir-crazy and wanted to do something.
 
We chose, foolishly, to drive out to Pomaire...a little town about 60kms away from Santiago known for its pottery and empenadas.
 
We weren't thinking about the fact that it was Sunday.
 
And we didn't get our act together until the afternoon so we would arrive right snack in the middle of the afternoon when everyone else would be there.
 
Whoops!
 
Look! Look!
A break in the crowds!


Pottery...
After Poland I'm spoiled for pottery...

Bad art...it is everywhere.

I was tempted to buy one of these life-size pottery fire hydrants for Ennis.
Really tempted.

I had high hopes for some local version of a garden gnome but they only had these Snow White knockoffs.
Bleh.

Wine racks...

Megan found this cat sleeping in the midst of a basket display.

I was charmed by these chicken pots.
Charmed...but I did not buy one.
Like I need more kitchen stuff.

More pottery

And finally, the Pareja Negra (Black Couple.)
We saw these types of figures in several stores but this was the largest, near life-size.
The ropes are there to keep them from being knocked off the shelf but still...
*blink* *blink*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment