Then it was on to La Ensenada on Lake Llanquihue.
We stayed in a dome!
Room for 5 with a full kitchen...and very friendly owners.
Some of the land around the dome.
Megan on the lakeshore.
The access road out to the main road from the dome.
I spent some time wandering around outside as I was a wee bit tired of sitting in the car.
I swear, most plants here in Chile have nasty thorns.
We drove over towards the Argentine border and Megan and Jeff took advantage of one of the termal baths. I had forgotten to pack a bathing suit so skipped it.
I think that is Osorno...but I couldn't keep the three different volcanos straight while we were on the lake!
Then Jeff picked an activity that required wet suits.
We have some photos and videos that the rafting guide took...I will see if I can find them and put them up.
Back at the dome.
Jeff woke up the next morning suffering from vertigo.
He was off to the Clinic in Puerto Varas, then we stopped for medicine and supplies and then he spent the day zonked out while Megan and I had a lovely day just hanging out and not doing much of anything.
Luckily, our dome wasn't reserved for another 3 nights so we spent an extra day in La Ensenada.
Unfortunately, we had to skip our planned jaunt down to Puerto Montt and Chiloe.
I was hoping to see where I-5 ends but it wasn't meant to be.





























No comments:
Post a Comment