I love Anne.
Anne took me to IKEA yesterday. She also helped me navigate the whole buying a mobile phone process last week...I will never be able to repay her for all she's done!
But back to IKEA.
I have a love-hate thing with IKEA. Love that it exists, especially when we are overseas, and I need say, a potato peeler. IKEA makes life easier. And the meatballs are yummy. But hate the crowds and the relentless push through the store. Am I the only one bothered by the fact that you can't really cut through except in a couple of locations? If you need towels you still have to go through lamps, couches, glassware, plants, etc. before you even get near anything related to the bathroom. It can feel like a consumer's death march through trendy Swedish housewares.
I'm just sayin'.
But since I needed a weird variety of items which would all be available at IKEA I bit the bullet and asked Anne to take me.
Here's how you know you are getting close:
Anne took me to IKEA yesterday. She also helped me navigate the whole buying a mobile phone process last week...I will never be able to repay her for all she's done!
But back to IKEA.
I have a love-hate thing with IKEA. Love that it exists, especially when we are overseas, and I need say, a potato peeler. IKEA makes life easier. And the meatballs are yummy. But hate the crowds and the relentless push through the store. Am I the only one bothered by the fact that you can't really cut through except in a couple of locations? If you need towels you still have to go through lamps, couches, glassware, plants, etc. before you even get near anything related to the bathroom. It can feel like a consumer's death march through trendy Swedish housewares.
I'm just sayin'.
But since I needed a weird variety of items which would all be available at IKEA I bit the bullet and asked Anne to take me.
Here's how you know you are getting close:
The front of IKEA always looks the same, as does all the signage inside, etc. If not for the language we could have been at Potomac Mills. That always makes me feel like I am in a Twilight Zone episode. I would have taken photos inside but there were many steely-eyed staff who didn't look like they would allow it. And I didn't want to create an incident after less than a month in town. That would be bad.I did obtain EVERY SINGLE ITEM off my shopping list. Honestly, I did not expect that. This is the first time that has ever happened to me overseas. Anywhere.
The lucky bamboo was an impulse purchase and NOT on the list. As was the impulse purchase shown below:

Barb...you are so lucky to be near an IKEA. The closest one to us is over 300 miles after always being just a short drive away. The love/hate relationship exists here also.
ReplyDeleteBarb, you are luck you have an IKEA...the closest one to us is over 300 miles away, after being used to a short drive...and I too have a love/hate relationship with IKEA.
ReplyDeleteJan
Hilarious. Do they have the same great herring & caviar-in-a-toothpaste-tube as they do here? (On the other hand, you're in a country that's right on the Baltic -- why would one need to buy that stuff at an IKEA?)
ReplyDelete