Project #1 - African Christmas Beads
How fun are these? Loads!I love the colors & shapes of these glass beads.
I wore all three together yesterday.
Project #2 - Peace Stone & Amethyst
Oh, the peace stone is gorgeous, just gorgeous.I suck at taking photos of jewelry (there goes my chance at making money on Etsy) so you can't really tell how amazing the colors are...but I tried. See below.


Project #3 - Quartz (?)

I bought this hmmm, quartz I think, months ago at PBC when it was on sale...long enough ago that I can't remember if it actually is quartz. Gotta get better about labeling my stuff. Anway, had no idea what I would do with it but liked the colors and smoothness of the stones. Unearthed it over the weekend and realized I had dark green silk cord that would work with it and was off.
I am affectionately dubbing this one the cursed necklace because:
I am affectionately dubbing this one the cursed necklace because:
- the silk cord snapped about 1/3 of the way into it so I had to cut it apart and start over (do you know how hard it is to snap silk cord?!?! It ain't easy my friend...)
- the silk cord somehow managed to knot itself not once but twice near the needle about 2/3 of the way through -- once I take responsibility for but two knots right next to each other?!?!
- when I trimmed the ends before putting on the clasp the cord went into a fraying frenzy (another first) which necessitated use of extra glue & I glued my left middle finger to the blasted necklace -- think in terms of the flagpole scene in "A Christmas Story" for removal. Without the firemen.
Hi, this is Mom again. The newest efforts are stunning. The peace beads are truly lovely. Please, don't send me the green necklace. If all that happened while you were making it, can you imagine what may occur when you wear it? OOOOOOHHHH. Too, too risky. Love you.
ReplyDelete