Yes! More action photos for those of you who get tired of looking at pictures of groceries and melon ballers. Well, I can't say that this is any more interesting, but at least it shows what I've been up to.
First, the press coverage of a reception I put together to greet our new Warsaw PAO, and, by the way, say farewell to Ambassador Ashe, and say howdy real quick to the sideliners, new CG Allen Greenberg, new PAO Ben Ousley and...me. So from front ranks to back rows, where I am more comfortable.
http://www.polska-usa.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=358:victor-ashe-powita-nowych-pracownikow-ambasady&catid=38:wiadomosci&Itemid=67
If you don't speak Polish, it's okay, the point is to show the glamour involved in 1) standing in the back of a room, and 2) holding a really big photo of Krakow for Ambassador Ashe. I've carried coats and luggage for Presidents and First Ladies and Secretaries of State (not when they were around, mind you...it apparently requires a high security clearance to guard luggage). Now I've progressed to the position of "big photo holder." I've almost forgotten what old luggage smells like.
I have spent the past four days with some very interesting Italian folks at a very big and very impressive interfaith conference. Sponsored by the Community of St. Egidio (if you don't know who they are, they are worth reading about) and the Archdiocese of Krakow, this conference on world peace, in the spirit of Assisi, has made for some interesting discussions and presentations.
http://www.santegidio.org/index.php?&idLng=1064
If you can find me in any of these pictures it would take a miracle...I am lost in a sea of Cardinals, Bishops, politicians, nobility, priests, rabbis, clerics, and all their helpers. We hosted coffee last night for several distinguished American participants including the President of Georgetown University Dr. DeGioia, Cardinal MacCormick, and Josh DuBois, the Director of the White House Office of Faith Based and Neighborhood Initiatives. Ambassador Ashe had them into our CG's office and hosted them in between events. I ate the good food and made sure no one got lost. No animals were injured during this event, and it was a win for the home team.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, there's nothing wrong with melon ballers. Hehe. (and yes, I am 12)
ReplyDeleteGood to know they're letting you do important stuff, too, Jeff.