Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bolesławiec Old Town

Part of the language-immersion trip was a two-hour walking tour of Bolesławiec. Here are some of the highlights.

Typical street

View towards town square

I think the tour guide said this was once a gym...or still is? Or maybe I totally misunderstood. It was in Polish after all.

Medieval Tower

Another medieval building

City Park

City Park

Polish Underground Monument

Gate which leads into town square

Hmmm...is this Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary? I can't remember. We saw another church at which point I had stopped taking photos...

Statues in front of the church

How old?!?

Megan in front of the church

Town Square

Town Square

Town Square

Decoration on City Hall

Megan by fountain at City Hall

Part of City Hall

View of buildings from a meeting room in City Hall -- I liked the different-shaped roofs.

Megan and Jeff in the town square. She was tired of having her picture taken.

Megan on merry-go-round. She was actually having fun.

Are those pigs?

Same building. I know those are flowers.

Megan at the restaurant. Not in the city center but it's a cute photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment