After it Vicuña was off for lunch in some small town...I can't remember if they ever gave us the name.
This was painted on a wall near the town square.
Basic but useful.
Another stop, later in the day...
Than it was back to Vicuña to wait for a different bus to take us off on an observatory tour.
The observatory tour was a high point for me...the guide was a very enthusiastic astronomer who was very entertaining. We saw Crux (the Southern Cross) which is only visible from the Southern Hemisphere. We also learned that the Inca did not just look at the stars in the sky...they considered the empty spaces and also named them. I found that fact to be very very cool; I had never considered looking at the sky that way.
The next day we were in the car and headed back to Santiago.
On the way up and back we saw lots of these road side stands...
They wave sticks with some sort of pom-poms attached to get your attention.
They're selling cheese.











No comments:
Post a Comment