Friday, January 17, 2014

December: A Month in Review

Summer was in full swing by the beginning of December.
I bought pool noodles.
Megan is an elephant here.

The tree went up the day after Thanksgiving. 

The drunk Santas made it through another move unscathed.
 
Being back in the S. Hemisphere means the Santas share space with sunscreen.
 
We spent some afternoons at the club.
(We joined a club -- Hacienda Santa Martina)

Mom was visiting most of the month...here she tries her first Pisco Sour.
The club makes a very strong Pisco Sour.

Santa arrived in style for the Embassy holiday party.



The Salvation Army Band provided Christmas music.

Mom and Santa

Megan and Mom
 
Chileans have their Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve...a big dinner at about 10:00pm and once the clock strikes midnight the kids open their presents.
 
We were honored to be invited to Oscar & Paula's for Christmas Eve
(I knew Oscar a couple of decades ago when we were both at University of Michigan...funny how you can reconnect with people...)
 
Heading 'over the hill' to their house.

 
Table set for a whole lotta people.

 
The quincho where all the food was staged.
Paula worked really hard to accommodate all my food issues and provided me with a great pork tenderloin meal. I didn't even pay attention to what else the others were eating...I think there was crab and beef?

 
We managed to escape close to 1:00am as we non-Chileans were all getting very tired and a bit grumpy.
 
But being up really late is no excuse and Megan was up and had presents sorted by 8:30am.


There are always socks.

I gave mom a garden gnome.

Jeff did good.
This is from my favorite store in Santiago, Dorit & Ifat.
It is a very dangerous place...especially as they will make-to-order.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment