Saturday, August 14, 2010

Budapest: On the Danube


Since we'd never been ON the Danube before we sucked it up and played tourist by taking a river cruise (we did skip the 3-hour folk-dance and dinner combo since that sounded like one of the levels of Hell to us.)

Jeff took more photos than I did so his post will be much more impressive.

Waiting for the boat. Gesh, people were jostling for position like it was the last helicopter leaving the U.S. Embassy roof in Saigon.

Part of Buda Castle - I liked the wavy staircase.


I have no idea...

There were a ton of Italian tourists in Budapest. Most were like this lady who seemed to think it was better for her purse to occupy 2-3 seats because it apparently needed a good view of the sights...not like people might want to use that space. Eventually a Brit came over and made her move it!

Don't even ask about the Italians' metro behavior...oh my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment