Wawel Castle once had a dragon.
So in June there is a Dragon Festival.
We went on the second day as Jeff was busy with the Rooster King on Saturday.
The boat races were canceled due to the river being high.
Next year we will go on the first day so we can see the parade.
We arrived early so the crowds weren't too bad.
It had all the usual stuff...
Balloons!
A stage with performances.
Items to tempt kids -- Megan was leaning towards a battle axe (I kid you not) but then decided she wanted to spend her money on a bubble gun. It lights up, makes noise and shoots bubbles. Way cool.
Items for moms. These did not tempt me but I thought they were pretty...
Candy
Rides
We were intrigued with these -- the kids climb inside, they inflate the balls and then they roll around on the water. Kinda like giant hamster balls...
Can I just say that, as a mom, I really appreciate enough bathrooms and places to throw away trash.
I've lived enough places where this is not the case that it warrants a mention.
Really.
Really.
And to show that we are not in America (you might be lulled into a false sense of that based on the previous pictures...)
Automatic weapons for the kids to play with.
Yes, they are toys and plastic but can you imagine the screams from some of the NoVa parents if these were front and center for purchase?
We tried hard to get Megan to do this but she balked.
Come on kid, a trampoline, a couple of bungee cords and a guy in the middle pulling on the cords to make sure you get decent height!?!? And no line since we were there early on. Plus no safety gear to get in the way.
What is not to like about that?!?!
What is not to like about that?!?!
The most excellent beer garden.













No comments:
Post a Comment