Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Daunt Books

I can't believe I forgot to mention my new favorite bookstore in the world: Daunt Books.

Seriously.

Daunt Books is located on Marylebone High Street in London -- this was not far from my hotel.

Haruko e-mailed me and told me I should check it out while I was stuck and waiting to find out when/how I could leave the U.K. 

Evil evil Haruko...introducing a book lover (addict) to Daunt Books!

The staff were all pleasant and helpful and definitely knew books. It reminded me of how the original Borders used to be before they moved from State Street in Ann Arbor to the old Jacobson's building and then became an international chain. Of course, the shop itself had much more character but then the Borders building wasn't Edwardian from what I can remember...

Daunt was able to order two titles for which I had been looking and had them in stock in less than 24 hours!

Good thing it was close to when I was leaving when I visited because otherwise I would have had to buy another suitcase to hold all the purchases I wanted to make.

But Daunt does ship...

No comments:

Post a Comment