Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowy Saturday

Here's how we started out Saturday morning.

The snow has been very powdery so it hasn't been bad keeping up with it. I've been doing it during the week.

Megan is pushing the snow from our back patio to cover the patio steps.

The goal is to create a short slope for sledding.

A work in progress.

Ready to try it out.

It didn't work so well...the snow was too powdery.

Next up (while I tackled the shoveling), Megan gets on her skis.


This turning thing is harder than it looks.

Then off to the park.

It was about 9 F -- 0 F if you include windchill.

We didn't see many people on our walk to the park.

I couldn't help but think that if it were St. Petersburg, this would be crawling with children.

Megan heading up the hill for some sledding.

We weren't the only ones taking advantage of the hill.

This little one reminded me of St. Petersburg and the 15 minute process to get Megan ready to head out in wintertime.

Ahhhh, the joys of radiators and warm, dry mittens!

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are so much fun. I'm still trying to figure out how to post mine. I hope to spend some of my holiday day (when I'm not on safari at Lake Nakuko!) working on how to get more photos in the blog. There must be a way!

    Yours look great, and it looks like the Vick family is having a great time in Cracow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, here: WOW! Snow. It sure looks lovely. And seeing Megan and Jeff out and about is fun. The slide idea on the back deck is a good one; would a bit of water have helped or only turned it to ice?

    Megan, how was the skiing? Amah

    ReplyDelete