Monday, October 12, 2009

Warszawa Again



Although I was in Warsaw to pick up my truck a month or more ago, that was only for an hour. This past week, I went back for the first time in about 8 years, and what a difference that intervening time made. After checking in with our old friend Kasmina, I went for a walk along the unpronouncable Krakowskie Przedmiescie.




Eight years ago, this stretch of street, which connects the Royal Route running from the Royal Palace in the old city to the summer palace of Wilanów, was under heavy construction, and was mainly an easy way to drive close to old town. Well, there is little driving going on, as it has gone the way of Nowy Świat, closed to routine traffic (except for Taxis and buses). It is now a beautiful boulevard appropriate for a world-class city.

Check out this virtual representation of the Royal Route. http://www.domoklik.pl/kalejdoskop/777?gclid=CM7JzP7Gt50CFc8UzAodlEUq7A

No comments:

Post a Comment