I am still walking the dogs at the rescue shelter.
Luz Clarita at the top of the hill
Sophy, one of the other volunteers, putting out water.
Sophy and Domi
Luz Clarita
William
Bigote in his coat. I have no idea where the coat came from.
If we wanted another dog I would take Bigote in an instant.
He is amazing and all the volunteers love him.
I was told that the caretaker family at the shelter hopes he never gets adopted because they love him so much!
I stopped to get rocks out of my boot and was mobbed by Beto (left) and Olivia (right)
Oso
This photo of Oso? This is why I haul my carcass up the hill every week because all dogs deserve to be this happy!
Getting kisses from Luz Clarita.
This was huge as she'd been skittish with everyone but decided one day that she liked me.
This is Leo.
Pure bred Lab with excellent manners, abandoned or lost in suburbia.
This is William after a haircut.
Yes, he looks like a deranged poodle.
He was adopted but the family returned him after a week saying he had too much energy. He's a puppy (less than 1 year old) and is supposed to have energy! I don't think the family stated they wanted a mellow dog as there are some at the shelter, and we could have matched them with an appropriate animal. I am just glad they brought him back versus kicking him out on the street which happens all the time here. William was completely nonplussed by all of this and is back happily hanging out with his kennel roommates at the shelter.
Doki
I am also volunteering with another animal rescue organization who have a very small shelter near out house. It is all volunteer labor, and they have an amazing network of foster families. One of the reasons I really like the group is because they will accept pregnant females and then allow the puppies to be born and adopt them out. Other rescues will take pregnant females and remove the puppies while performing an immediate sterilization. At the moment there are two litters for a total of 14 puppies! The oldest are about 8 weeks old and will start going off to their new homes very soon. The second litter is about 2-3 weeks younger so we'll have puppies for a bit longer.
The mother of the first litter, Momi, was in terrible shape when she was rescued.
She was skin and bones and baby belly but she's proved to be an amazing mother -- she gave birth to 6 puppies and has taken such good care of them. She's welcomed in the younger litter this week (mother could not be captured) and is treating them as her own. She's a wonky looking dog and still much too skinny but she's brilliant. Whoever adopts her will be getting a wonderful pet.
Here's one of the older puppies at a foster home and menacing a very perplexed doberman.
*I received a request for more dog photos. Bet ya didn't know we take requests at this blog, huh?
The mother of the first litter, Momi, was in terrible shape when she was rescued.
She was skin and bones and baby belly but she's proved to be an amazing mother -- she gave birth to 6 puppies and has taken such good care of them. She's welcomed in the younger litter this week (mother could not be captured) and is treating them as her own. She's a wonky looking dog and still much too skinny but she's brilliant. Whoever adopts her will be getting a wonderful pet.
Here's one of the older puppies at a foster home and menacing a very perplexed doberman.
*I received a request for more dog photos. Bet ya didn't know we take requests at this blog, huh?

















No comments:
Post a Comment