I'm spending A LOT of time in the kitchen...tweaking my diet and working with my nutritionist to pinpoint other food intolerances (hopefully temporary) that are causing me continued problems. I'm trying to add new and different foods to the mix so it doesn't get boring...
Fennel did not go over particularly well with the other members of the family. Won't become a personal fav either but it was ok.
Colder weather + my need to up my veg intake has resulted in lots of soup recipes...I wanted to make borscht but the recipe called for beef broth which I didn't have in my pantry. I am trying to eat as few processed foods as possible and when I looked up a beef broth recipe it didn't seem hard...Found marrow bones at Safeway!
Step #1 - marrow bones and veg ready to go into the oven
After roasting 45 minutes
Step #2 - into the crockpot
Step #3 - strained and ready to go into the fridge
Step #4 - after time in the fridge (yes that is a layer of congealed fat which I scrapped off)
Final product...is it not GORGEOUS?!?!?!







No comments:
Post a Comment