After probably the smoothest international travel of my life, Megan and I arrived in Meford on June 19th. I was prepared for missed connections and lots of hassle and we had no problems whatsoever.
We've been battling wicked jet-lag this time around but considering the 9-hour time difference and 24+ hours of travel time it isn't surprising. We're finally starting to emerge from the fog.
The weather is much cooler than normal and rainy but it means everything is green when usually by this time of year it is brown and dried out! The sun has been coming out regularly which has been lovely.
We're resting, hitting the different grocery stores where I am perpetually amazed and overjoyed at all the food options I have compared to Krakow (!), wandering the aisles of Target amazed at the choices and friendly staff, reveling in the joys of Barnes & Noble, etc. Megan and Amah are giving the diner some serious business. Oh, we also went to the movies to see "Madagascar 3" and "Brave" both of which we all enjoyed.
We are missing Jeff and Ennis. Jeff should be here with us in about a week while we won't see Ennis until August most likely (he's staying in NC with Jeff's mom until we are settled in the house in Alexandria.)
Other than that, not much to report. More later.
Happy 4th!
Welcome back home!
ReplyDelete