One of the fun things about being overseas is reading menu translations.
Some are great.
Some are great but in an unintentionally bad way.
Remember the frizzy chicken?
Remember the frizzy chicken?
Jeff was out of town for an overnight trip last week and the hotel at which he stayed had a posh restaurant which provided room-service. Here are some choices from the menu:
Yeah, I had to look up boletus.
It is defined as "an edible mushroom."
My first thought...breast of what?!?!
I just liked the phrase "besprinkled walnuts."
How does the Chef get those doughnuts to lay down? Mine always want to stand up and party.
And the best is saved for last:
Slug = snail in this instance.
But man, it makes a difference, doesn't it?
*Evil grin.*





We once had an amazing menu in Romania that was composed entirely of 'Roasted crap' 'boiled crap' 'fried crap' etc. Fish at its very best!! Your doughnuts made me giggle out loud! And I know I made some horrendous errors in Russian too :)
ReplyDelete