There are a few shops with Chinese food items.
This is a pepino dulce.
I kept asking the veg man about it and he didn't want to sell it to me because it isn't the season for them and they aren't very tasty right now.
Apparently they should be more yellow than green if they are properly ripe.
He finally gave me one for free -- probably just to get rid of me...
It tasted like a cross between a mild melon and a mango.
This cracked me up.
Striped potatoes.
Some people complain about the seasonality of the fruit and veg here. This is a winter pear -- grown locally. I have no complaints.
I found, and bought, a 220 rice cooker.
I figured it was time after 15 years of the Foreign Service gig.
Sausages that are certified gluten-free plus corn and dairy free.
Surprisingly, they were very tasty!
The most enormous carrot I have ever seen.
My hand is in the photo for scale.
This is my shopping cart.
I walk to the store and then trundle home with it.
We are in a very posh neighborhood and no one walks anywhere, let along dragging one of these.
People stare at me.
Hehehehe.









No comments:
Post a Comment