As some of you know, I've been battling health issues for a few months.
Lots of doctor visits.
Lots of tests.
Lots of medicines.
Final diagnosis came while we were back in the U.S. in August:
I have Celiac Disease.
I have Celiac Disease.
I have embarked on the gluten-free lifestyle.
There is a steep learning curve, made even more fun by doing it partially in Polish. I mean, really, I can only order so much via the diplomatic pouch, and I'd like to get whatever I can here in Poland...there is more available here than I was expecting!
Still wrapping my head around all the adjustments and impact but overall, this is something that is managed by sticking to a diet which includes lots of good things, e.g. pure chocolate and wine are still allowed!
After 5 weeks the diet is already helping although it will most likely take months for me to actually feel closer to 100% health-wise. I am in less pain and the brain fog has cleared somewhat. How refreshing to not feel stupid all the time. I'm still rather low energy but that should improve over time.
Besides, this gives the librarian in me something totally new to research...!
No comments:
Post a Comment