Monday, February 28, 2011

Mardi Gras Fun!


Our Mardi Gras party was yesterday.

The second and third king cakes were not quite as ugly as the first one we made.

We skipped decorating the cupcakes with the sugar babies I had ordered...they were just a little too creepy and life-like to eat. This is what happens when you order online -- you don't always get what you think you are getting!

The table turned out nicely (yes, that is the sun...it was a banner day!)

I think the biggest hit on the menu was the layered refried bean dip. Everyone seemed to love it even though it was new to all our Europeans guests.

A surprising dud: the mushroom dip.
Sigh. 
You just never know what people will like...

I was running around visiting and trying to keep tabs on the chaos when I realized I hadn't taken any candid photos. So you don't get to look at too many of people you don't know.







Here's the Queen after accepting her crown from Jeff (that's his head on the right -- he got in my shot and then I couldn't get another one!)

Here's Ennis after an afternoon of alternating playing with all the kids and patrolling for fallen food.
He was completely wrecked.
And no, he did not have any beer...he just fell asleep next to the case of beer while we were cleaning up and we figured it was a perfect photo opportunity!

One of the best things about being the hostess in Poland?
The flowers!!!
These aren't all of them...


No comments:

Post a Comment