We went on a tour at the beginning of February.
First stop Concho y Toro winery.
Grapes! Lots and lots of grapes!
They grow many many types of grapes.
These are just a small sample.
Then we went on to tour the cellar.
The new section of the cellar with air-con and controlled humidity.
The old (original) cellar further underground.
There is a legend that the finest wine was being stolen from the cellars.
The original owner of the vineyard put out the rumor that the wine was guarded by the devil.
No more theft.
Here's the devil in the cellar...protecting Casillero del Diablo.
After the vineyard we headed to Cajon del Maipo for lunch, a hike and zip lining across the Maipo River.
View of the river was a bit blocked at the restaurant.
Lovely lunch outside.
Typical of S. America another big ole steak.
This innocuous lunch managed to gluten me, but I wouldn't know about it until the next day...the chance I take every time I eat out.
Prepping for zip lining.
It was actually 2 lines running across the Maipo River and then back.
The first line was 180 feet; I can't remember how long the second line was.
It was quite a ride.
I am waiting for more photos from one of the other people who were there. Nancy swore she took some good ones of me and I'll post them once I can get them from her!
The hike was not for the faint of heart -- lots of up and down.
Plus wobbly bridges.
Wheee!
Megan was a trooper and outlasted us all!
One of the waterfalls.
The second waterfall was up and over a ridge.
I bailed and didn't trek off to that one...shin splints were really bothering me as I hadn't worn the right kind of shoes (didn't realize the hike would be quite so serious.)
The Maipo River






























No comments:
Post a Comment