Yesterday was the last day of school -- Megan did very well in 4th grade.
At the assembly she was given the following class awards:
Best Reader in 4th Grade
Best Speller in 4th Grade
Fastest and Most Accurate Typist in 4th Grade
She also received the Respect Award for Grades 3-5.
The award states:
The Respect Award is given to the student who speaks and acts courteously with everyone in the community. This student expresses even her or his strongest feelings in a peaceful and dignified way. This student demonstrates high personal values and is willing to defend someone whose rights are not being honored.
Her specific award states:
Megan shows respect daily through her courteous behavior. She speaks to her peers and teachers in a calm and dignified manner. She tries hard to never hurt the feelings of another. She treats other students' belongings with care. She stands up for what is right even if she is sometimes standing alone.
Awwwwwww. We are so proud of her!
Congratulations...a child is very often a reflection of the parents...
ReplyDeleteDear Barbara and Jeff and Megan,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the entire Vicks Abroad Family. And specially to Megan. Even if we've not met, I've heard a lot about you and from what I've heard, I'm not surprised with the Respect Award.
Agree with Jan that the child is a reflection of the parents, and from what I know of Barbara and Jeff: Absolutely!
Well done, Megan.
Missing you, Barbara. Just had a lively SLA Annual Conference in Philadelphia and of course thought of you as Dale and Cindy and I taught our courses - and as I gave my speeches on KM/knowledge services.
All the best from your friends at home. Missing you and our good conversations.
Guy
Oh that's so fantastic. Way to go Megan. We feel very proud of you too. Hope you had fun celebrating XX
ReplyDelete